16 July, 2010

The naming of Meg's Tasty Treats

About a year ago my partner and I had planned a weekend trip to country NSW. Neil had got a gig to shoot the Mulga Bill Festival in the small town of Yeoval. As Neil would be working most of the weekend I decided to hold a stall and try and promote some of Neil's photography. What a supportive partner am I?

I also saw it as an oppertunity to try and sell some of my baked goods. I'd been getting a bit of practice, making little gift packages for Christmas and birthday presents and was always getting rave reviews from friends. Gawd love them :) I orginally thought about cakes and biscuits but then the practicality of it hit me. It was a 5hr drive and we needed to be there on Friday night to kick things off. And I didn't have time to bake the day or night before. So I needed something that could be made in advance and would keep well packaged up.

So I resorted to one of my tried and trusted easy favorites, rocky road. Its always been a favorite and friends often request it when I offer to bring something along. And I thought it would work well - I could have a little tasting plate made up of the off cuts as I packaged them up. So it was in the design of the packaging that I realised I didn't have a name for my tasty treats... so then along came "Meg's Tasty Treats".

Little did I know that I would be competing with the local CWA stall which had a wide variety of home made baked goods and all at very reasonable prices! And that the second day of the stall would get rained out. Oh well all in good fun and I managed to sell most of my remaining goods to friends at work and at the local organic buyers group. Although I don't think I'll be setting up a business anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment